Sunday, January 22, 2012

Twister Ruler

Hello ...

Cold enough for you? I am excited to tell you that I made a quilt using your Twister Ruler!!! It is so easy!!

Here's what you have to do:

1. Buy a layer cake (10" squares) or do what I did and cut 36 different 10" squares from random fat quarters that you have collected over the past few years.

2. Decide on a 6 x 6 layout for the 36 squares. Here's mine:

3. Then sew all the squares together and add a 6.5" border all the way around. It will look something like this:

4. Then take the ruler and cut out the squares following the instructions.

5. When you get all the new squares cut out, it will look something like this:

I love it!!! It was so easy to make too. Something you could get done from start to finish in a day if you used a layer cake instead of cutting your own out!! I am a little worried about sewing it together now that its all cut out ... I will have to use lots of concentration to make sure all the blocks stay in the correct order!!

I'm off to sew the top together!!
Have a good week!
ME

2 comments:

  1. wow! Looks great. I'll actually try it when you are here to keep me sane. Loving the way it looks. I've done a couple of baby tops this week but I can't find my memory card so I'll post this week.
    Her

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to make a couple more of these because they are so quick and easy to make!!
    ME

    ReplyDelete