Monday, June 14, 2010

Almost done something ...

Hey ....

Binding is giving you troubles eh?? I don't mind doing it b/c I don't do it by hand. I bind using my machine. I have done binding by hand but it takes too too long for me! I need to see more instant results. I think the best part about doing the binding is that when you get to this point, the quilt is almost done!!!

I still haven't stuffed the pillow ... Here is a couple of pictures of it:


Here is the center:

The center has a saying that I hand stitched around it. "Just living is not enough" said the butterfly "one must have sunshine and freedom and a little flower". By Hans Christian Anderson.

Here are a few pictures of Kristy's T-shirt quilt that I am making. I am 2/3 done the top now. This is the first time I tried to lay out all the t-shirts.


Here is what it looks like now that I have added strips to the t-shirts:
I was standing on top of my chair trying to take the above picture so I didn't get all of it in. I have the bottom right hand corner to finish piecing together. My goal is to have this done by the end of June.

I have figured out how I am going to quilt my Yellow Brick Road quilt too. I have figured out how I am going to quilt it. I will post some pictures soon.

That's what I have been up to these days ...
Cheers
ME

2 comments:

  1. One question ... How do I quilt the T-shirt quilt? None of the seams line up b/c I didn't cut any of the shirts the same size. I think I will just do an all over pattern on the black material and stitch in the ditch around the T-shirts. I suppose that I wouldn't have to stitch in the ditch if I got close enough to the t-shirts. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay, My previous comments did not post. I would either outline around the shirt squares or I would just loosly meander around the whole thing. I brought the camera home to take pictures of the big quilt but of course it started raining again.
    Can't wait to see your finished t shirt quilt.
    Keep quilting(what else can you do in the rain)
    Her

    ReplyDelete